Saturday 20 September 2014

Good morning everyone,it's a bit murky out there today but then that's just a good reason to stay in and craft. I am a bit late with this card as I know I promised the second of my two cards the day after the 1st one but then I remembered it was time for my DT card for Gruffies and Guests so I had to get busy with that,the upside is you get two cards today
Anyway this was the second card I made and this was for a 11 year old girl so I made it a bit more grown up with a fun element to it. As soon as I saw this image I fell in love with it,but then I fall in love with all the house mouse images lol.
I started by choosing the backing paper to match the colours of the candles and embossed it with my crafters companion 8x8 embosalicous knit one pearl one folder to give it texture and rounded off the corners to match the shape of the card. Then although a photo never shows it,I set about decoupaging the image up. I also cut the cake out and glittered it up so it had a sparkle,something else that doesn't show up well in a photo. Then I layered the image up onto some pink card and placed it at a angle on the card. Then I tied this beautiful pink satin ribbon around the spine of the card and just tied it in a knot instead of a bow and added a coordinating button with a sparkly center. I can't remember where I got the die cut happy birthday from,I found it amongst my die cuts and just inked around the edges in pink so it wasn't a stark white and added them to the card. The lady who asked me to make it was very pleased with it and I hope you like it to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet card :D

Brawny x said...

Just gorgeous Angie. Love the Housemouse too. Fab card. X