Monday, 20 January 2014

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend. I have been busy decorating my bedroom but took time out to make a thank you card for a lovely lady I met in one of my craft groups on facebook. I wanted to make one that said thank you and didn't want to use a image so I used a spellbinder die called gold elements one which is a lovely lacey triangle/ You can use it with the outer shape to cut it out of the card or just use the internal lace to leave it in the card,I chose the later and cut it four times to make up a square. I have wanted to try it out since buying the die but never got around to it. I found it easier using a A4 magnetic sheet,not only did it mean I could piece it together better but also discovered that it helped to make the die cut better. I often have to pass the bigger,more detailed dies through 6-8 times before it cuts properly and have to keep rotating the die to put the pressure on different parts. But with the magnetic sheet I passed it through and back just once and it cut it perfectly. If you use a die cutting machine give it a go and I am sure you will be pleased with the results. For the flowers I used spellbinders blossom 5,when I had cut them out i inked the edges and then cut between each segment then turned them over and embossed from the back each petal then turned them back to the front and embossed the centre. Then I layered a smaller one on top of the larger one and scrunched it all up a bit, I was pleased with the out come. Then while the flowers dried I cut a piece of glitter card a cm larger than the lacey background and used sticky pads to stick it on to the glitter card as it is a stronger sticky than tape. I could have used silicone but was in a hurry to get it in the post and didn't have the time to let it dry. I then added the sentiment to the centre and and added the flowers and bow. I hope you like the finished card,I was very pleased with it and I know the friend I sent it to liked it very much. I think it shows you don't always need to use a image to make a card look attractive.


P.S Sorry I forgot to mention that the Die I used for the sentiment was spellbinders Venetian Motifs  

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Well hello again everyone,I have some more good news to share with you. I have just joined another design team and am very excited once again. I am pleased to be part of the team at Aly's crafty challenges at

Here is my 1st card for the Valentines Day challenge,the winners will be anounced on the 14th Feb so why not pop over and enter your creations we would love to see your makes